Everything is changing in this world according to the evolving taste of humans. There was a time when we used to love the raw sound from singers or from musical instruments with a lot of technical imperfections. That was beauty <3 But now things have changed. We have plenty of advanced devices on our hands and we want everything crystal clear on those devices. If you are a singer or someone related to the music you will definitely agree with me. And here comes the importance of Audio Interfaces. In this article, I will dig out the best audio interface for mac os.
What does an audio interface do??
I will not do the entire technical discussion about interfaces here as you know this article is about the best audio interface for mac. Therefore I give you a short note about audio interfaces. If you know what an audio interface does, you can skip this part.
An audio interface is like a postmaster for sound where the computer and your sound sources can be regarded as home and post office. Sounds strange right?? Don’t worry let me elaborate. Your computer/mac has a system built in to grab the sound from your sources and make that readable for the computer. That that is not enough for a professional task as you need a perfect and soothing sound. Here, audio interfaces take the responsibility to hook up all the sound and make that perfect for the computer without losing quality. check details
That is not the only duty for audio interfaces. It again retakes the sound from the computer after your editing activities and makes a perfect output. Thus you get a quality sound system for your listeners. Actually, it needs a whole article to describe audio interfaces. For the best experience, you literally have no option without using the best audio interface for mac if you are a mac user.
Without further ado, let’s move to our list directly..
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo (3rd Gen)
- Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD
- Presonus AudioBox USB 96
- Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (3rd Gen)
- M-Audio AIR 192
- PreSonus Studio 1810c.
Focusrite Scarlett Solo (3rd Gen) Audio Interface
I have a favorite line from Focusrite, “We’ve worried about the tech, you can focus on the music.” This line is like a benediction (gift from gods) for the musicians. Ya, musicians want every tech thing sorted easily as they have to concentrate on their melody/ beats with great attention. With deep concentration comes out a piece of great music. Focusrite gives a musician that opportunity, to be honest.I have to put light on another point on this audio interface before informing you of the technical specs. The hype of guitar among the singers and listeners is increasing day by day. Many of the singers are doing great with the acoustic guitar creating unplugged tracks. This audio interface gives an amazing output for guitar sound( both acoustic & Bass). It is also one of the best audio interface for mac.
Let’s know more about Focusrite Scarlett Solo-
- Easily Great Sounding: With this audio interface you can have studio-quality sound without having a studio in reality!!!Sounds exaggerated??? But it is true…It is very tough to get studio-quality recordings at home. Its mic preamps, high headroom instrument inputs, and now iconic gain halos mean the science of sounding great is sorted.
- Sound clarity: It has 24-bit/192KHz converters that give your recording clarity and detail. Air mode enables adding unique high-end detail.
- Experience: Focusrite has experience of 30 years!! The 3rd gen mic pre is the best they claim.
- Strong Hardware: Focusrite has a reputation to manufacture quality hardware that will not let you down. In case, if you face any problem they have a global support team! A three-year warranty will be provided to you.
- Tools: It comes up with pro tools; first Focusrite creative pack, Ableton live lite, soft tube time and tone bundle, Focusrite’s red plug-in-suite, 3-month splice subscription, and your choice of one free XLN addictive keys virtual instrument, all available via download upon purchase and registration.
- Value for the price: This audio interface is neither a cheap product nor an expensive one. It has the perfect price that is the best value for your money.
CONS: It has some issues with Windows 10 but completely okay with mac!! So you need not worry…
Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD Audio Interface
First of all, you barely can find an audio interface for mac at $45 with a world-class brand value!! It has come out of the crowd showing its price tag before fighting. It is a powerful 4 input, output audio interface featuring a lot of items. If you are looking for an audio interface for Mac with a small amount of money perhaps I have good news for you.
Let’s know about it step by step:
- 192kHz precision: Musical applications are like greedy girlfriends. 😀 They are highly demanding. You have to pick hardware with the demand of those apps. Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD will give you up to 192KHz resolution which gives you full command over any music application. So you can use your favorite recording software for having accurate and professional results every time.
- MIDAS- the Legend in Sound Quality: Since the 1970s, MIDAS has had a long reputation for innovation in the world of audio mixing consoles. U-Phoria UMC404HD has 4 astonishingly pure world-class MIDAS-designed mic preamps that include +48 volt phantom power for condenser microphones, all going through 24-bit/192KHz converters.
- Zero Latency: Its direct-monitoring zero-latency feature is mind-blowing. NO delay, NO lag in the returning signal will give you a clear performance.
- Easy to connect: You can find the USB 2.0 port on the rear panel of the audio interface to connect to your MAC along with some analog playback options including ¼ TRS, RCA, and XLR.
- Nice Box: You will get- – UMC404HD interface, AC Adapter, USB cable, and Documentation.
CONS: Two bad things; No internal effect available. Secondly, a single phantom power switch for all channels.
PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 Audio Interface
Let me introduce you to an atom bomb!! Small-sized but Big effect!! PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 is a great choice for musicians or producers who want to go mobile. It will give you great sound in a bus-powered, rugged chassis that’s ready to hit the road when you are. There are plenty of more reasons to be on the list of best audio interface for Mac for this tiny atom bomb.
- Simple, Reliable, and portable: It is a 2*2 USB 2.0 audio interface. Whatever you are, a singer, producer, or podcaster on a budget it has the perfect features for you. You will get your basic needs fulfilled with its 24-bit/96KHz audio. Additionally, it is built to travel, so you can imagine how easy it is to manage.
- World-class recording software included: I have to admit this product is made by some creative personals who understand what a musician needs. I have seen so many audio interface for mac are awesome as a product but they are not friendly with other recording software. As a result musician gets terrible troubles.AudioBox USB 96 works virtually with all Mac and Windows audio software.
- Technical Specs: Has 2 combo microphones inputs with high performance, low noise, high headroom mic amps.Comes up with studio-One artist DAW software with 6+ GB of thirty party resources as well. Frequency response 20 Hz-20KHz.
CONS: Personally, I feel their software downloading service could be enriched. I had to register a lot of time which is not cool at all.
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (3rd Gen) Audio Interface
We have talked about Focusrite before, here comes the big member of the family. Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 is an audio interface having a ton of features at a decent price. Actually, it’s a moderate-budget audio interface for mac. Focusrite has been developing its products with their generation tags. If you have used their product before you must agree with me. Anyways, let’s know more about this big buddy Scarlett 18i8_
- Heavy Technical Specs: Four of the best performing mic preamps included those give you more opportunity to make your recording experience better. It has a switchable Air mode to give your recording a brighter and more open sound. Also, two high headroom instrument inputs connect your guitar or bass. Eight balanced line inputs included connecting synthesizers, drum machine, and other line-level sources. Finally, four monitor outputs with anti-thump technology and speaker switching. How many holes do you need more?? 😀
- Converter: Comes with high-performance converters that enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192KHz.
- Quick Start: Honestly, It is so annoying when a product seems complicated to start however the rest performance is. Scarlett has quick-start tools to get up and running easier than ever.
- Pro Tools: First Focusrite creative pack, Ableton live lite, Softube Time and Tone bundle, Focusrite’s red plug-in suite, 3 months splice subscription, and a desired one free XLN addictive keys virtual instrument. The list is much longer. All these are available via download upon purchase and registration.
CONS: Windows integrations could be better. But that’s not our problem as we are here for an audio interface for mac! Right??
M-Audio AIR 192-6
Want a premium audio recording experience on your Mac ?? If YES, this audio interface is for you. It will give you a true studio flavor to your music.
- Professional studio quality and features: with this audio interface you can create 24-bit/192KHz studio-quality recordings in an easy-to-use way. Boasting an elegant pro metal grade metal chassis with a large central volume knob it features exclusive crystal low noise preamps and pristine A/D converters that deliver the highest audio performance in its class.
- Multiple channels: It enables you to record up to 2 channels at once with its 2 dedicated ZLR+¼’’ balanced combo inputs and 2 ¼’’ instrument inputs that have a nicely designed gain and impedance stage to provide the most accurate representation of a guitar or bass.
- Pro tools: Like the other pro interfaces, It has a complete package of pro tools; M-audio edition, Ableton live lite, eleven lite, the avid effect collection, AIR’s Creative FX collection, 2GB of sample content from touch loops, Xpand!2, Mini Grad, Vacuum, BOOM, and DB-33 from AIR Music Tech.
- Low latency: Lowest round trip latency (2.59ms) between your machine and your hardware. Overall you will have a zero-latency-technology.
CONS: Some problems should be mentioned; popping and cracking noise sometimes, No GUI controlling the knobs, Windows 10 issues!!!
An audio interface is one of the crucial elements for you as a musician, producer, podcaster, or anyone related to the audio recording. There is no way but to provide well-balanced sound to grow your audio industry. I hope you can select one from above as an audio interface for mac. You will need quality microphones as well for a better recording experience hence you can have a look at our best condenser microphone list to get a premium quality mic along with your audio interface. We also have a list of the best wireless Bluetooth microphones. Check if you need one….